CAVA TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF)
The CAVA qualification covers both Vocational Assessment and Assessing Workplace Competency. The first module is theory based and is completed online through our Moodle based Virtual Learning Environment. There are two practical modules:
- Unit 1 - Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment - 3 Credits
- Unit 2 - Assessing Competency in the Workplace
- Unit 3 - Assessing Vocational Achievement
All three units must be completed to gain the CAVA / TAQA full Assessor qualification. If you only need to assess vocational achievement please click here.
For the first practical module you will need to be able to assess 2 learners who are completing a vocational qualification which has clearly defined learning outcomes. The second module is assessing 2 employees for workplace competency, this unit must be signed off by a manager and a qualified assessor.
This course is eligible for funding under the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme, please call us for more information.
How it works - Online /Blended
- You receive a unique login to our Moodle Based Virtual Learning Environment
- Videos, lessons, hand-outs and examples are available for each module to ensure that you have the information you need to complete your assessment.
- You download a word document templates that include the question for each assessment
- The completed assessment is uploaded to the Virtual Learning Environment
- Our tutors grade the assessment and provide feedback and guidance to ensure that each module is completed successfully before you move onto the next one.
- Complete your assessing modules for 2 students completing a vocational qualification
- Complete your assessing modules for 2 students for workplace competency
- Submit your portfolio
- You will have access to the learning environment for six months
This course is designed to fit in around your work and home life and enables you to complete a module at a time, each assessment is marked and you will receive feedback from your tutor via the virtual learning environment.
Our tutors endeavour to mark all work submitted as quickly as possible however you must allow up to 48 hours for your assessments to be marked.
You will need :-
- A laptop or computer
- Internet access
- Microsoft Word
- You will need to
- The ability to watch and listen to videos online through your computer
- The ability to download word document templates, save them to your hard drive and upload the completed work by browsing to where the file is held on your computer
Who is this course for?
The CAVA or TAQA qualification is for individuals who would like to become fully qualified assessors both for training delivered in the classroom and within the workplace environment this qualification replaces the old A1 Assessors Award.
Course Fee Includes Certification and ...
- Access to our Virtual Learning Environment for 8 months
- Online Tutor support